The complete requirements you need to submit if you are applying for LTO student permit or license are discussed in this article. If you are a Filipino or Foreign citizen wanting to register to get student driver’s license in the Philippines, this article is for you.
Normally, there are long queue of applicants at the LTO center, especially Mondays and 10th of the day of each month. Make sure to be there early. Bring food and bottled water just in case you get hungry while waiting.
How to Apply for LTO Student Permit and License
You must have the following qualifications to apply for LTO student permit and license: Must be at least seventeen (17) years old; Must be physically and mentally fit to operate and drive a motor vehicle; Must be able to read and write in Filipino or English or the applicable local dialect; For foreigners, applicant must be eighteen (18) years old and must have been in the Philippines for at least one (1) year from the date of application.
LTO Student Permit License Requirements 2019
Gather the following documents for your LTO student permit license requirements if you meet the qualifications above. Requirements are applicable for both Filipino and Foreign citizens.
Get a medical certificate at any licensed clinic or medical center nearby.
- Original and clear photocopy of PSA Birth Certificate
- Duly accomplished Application form for Driver’s License
- Original copy of parental/guardian’s consent; original and photocopy of one valid government issued ID containing the signature of the consenting parent/guardian
- Medical Certificate from any licensed practicing physician stating the applicant is physically and mentally fit to operate a motor vehicle or otherwise stating his/her impairment.
- In addition, original and photocopy of passport with entry date of at least one month and visa duration of at least one year for foreigners. Present original and clear photocopy of NSO Birth Certificate.
As of now, getting LTO student license permit is 317.63 pesos.
Getting LTO Student Permit License
- LTO staff will check and evaluate your documents upon your submission. Assigned staff will encode your details in the LTO system upon approval.
- You will be called again in another window for photo and signature taking once approved.
- The cashier will call you when it’s time to pay the required fees.
- Once your student permit card and your official receipt is released, you are required to sign the release form.
Mostly, the stamped on the release form is also the issuance date of LTO student license.
I hope this article will help you not to go back and forth to Land Transportation Office. Instead be prepared to process all requirements a once.