Aside from the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) main branches they also opened numerous consular satellite branches for faster services because of the increasing number of passport applicants. Even if the part of the process will be done online there’s no need for you to worry because here are the easy steps to follow for successful passport renewal via Passport Appointment Online.
Online Schedule For Your Passport Appointment
- Visit the DFA website https://www.passport.gov.ph/appointment
- Choose between an individual or as a group appointment before you click the box that indicates that you understand the terms and conditions
- Your preferred DFA consular satellite office. Choose the most convenient site for you. You can change the branch afterward if you want to change it or if you can’t find any vacant slot at your preferred office
- Pick a date and time that is convenient for you. You will see a calendar where you can choose. The green slot indicates it is available and red means full. Some satellite office is open on Saturdays
- Choose renewal in the Application Type and fill-up the form. Make sure to provide a personal and active e-mail address to ensure that you will receive the Payment Reference Number and other documents from DFA.
(TIPS: Use a stable internet connection. Decide as quickly as possible. If the slots are unavailable try searching for another satellite branch. More slots open at 12 noon and 9 pm. No online appointment needed if you are a senior citizen, pregnant, PWD, Solo Parent, OFW, or accompanying a minor. )
Pay Your Passport Processing Fee
Pay your processing fee as soon as you can. The system will only reserve the slot you prefer for 15 minutes and once you confirm it you have 24 hours to pay for the processing fee.
The Regular Processing Fee is 10-15 days for Php950
The Express Processing fee only takes 5-7 days for P1200
- Once you’re done choosing the type of process you prefer, click PAY NOW
- Check the agreement box and click the PROCEED TO PAYMENT
- The system will provide lists of the payment centers where you can pay for your processing fee.
- Reminders and amount to be paid will be displayed as well.
- Setting an appointment is free, but there is a convenience fee of Php50 per person on top of the processing fee.
- Review the details before clicking PROCEED.
- After clicking PROCEED, check your e-mail because the Payment Reference Number will be sent
- Follow the payment instruction. You have 24 hours to pay for the processing fee.
- Once you’re done paying the fee, kindly check your e-mail if you receive a confirmation from DFA. The email contains the application form, reminders and receipt. You have to print them in A4 and provide them on your appointment date.
(TIPS: Pay the exact amount. Use cash. Check your email after paying.)
You should be 30 minutes ahead of your scheduled appointment. Make sure that you have all the important requirements and documents to avoid any delay.
- Line up towards the Document Verification Window. Make sure to present the complete documents and the needed photocopies
- Make sure to give your personal details, biometrics, and fingerprints to the encoder
- Get a stamp on your receipt with the date of release.
- Inform them about the date you opted for door-to-door delivery.
- Inform them on who will receive your passport in case you will not be able to get it.
(TIPS: Do not bring companions, DFA has a “No Escort” policy. Make sure to double-check all the information you provided to avoid any mistakes. Observe proper dress code.)