Emergencies do happen in real life, so we all should be cautious and prepare for everything we think might happen. There are several ways to prepare ourselves and one of them is getting Health Insurance, and when we talk about health insurance, PhilHealth membership is one of the famous. PhilHealth is very well known for providing healthcare benefits to all its members.
So if you joined PhilHealth membership you must know when will you be able to your membership’s benefit.
Do note that only active members will be eligible to use PhilHealth’s benefit, so if you’re not regularly paying contribution, think twice because you will not be able to take advantage of all the benefits they offer. If you want to know what illness is covered by PhilHealth check this out: PhilHealth Benefits: List of Illness and Amount Covered
Who are Eligible to Use PhilHealth Benefits?
1. Active Members
2. Paid at least 3 monthly contributions within 6 months before the first day of confinement – Qualifying Contribution
3. Paid at least six monthly contributions before the three-month qualifying contribution payments within the 1 year before the first day of confinement – Sufficient Regularity of Payment
4. Or simply, those who paid at least nine monthly contributions within the 12 months
As long as you meet qualifying contributions and sufficient regularity of payment even if you skipped paying contributions for up to 3 months within the 12-month period, you will still be qualified to use the benefit.
Failure to do things that were mentioned above will lead to being excluded from using Philhealth’s benefit.
- Lifetime Members
- Senior Citizen
- Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs)
- Women (about to give birth)
- Indigent Members
- Point of Service Members
- iGroup Program Members
For more inquiries, you may contact PhilHealth Customer Service using this hotline: (02) 441-7442