Losing a valid ID is kinda frustrating especially if you’re a busy person. Thinking about the idea that you need to undergo a lot of processes to get an ID is what makes it bothering, yet you don’t have a choice but to go ahead and get a new replacement and you will need an Affidavit of Loss.
If ever you lost your passport, driver’s license, and other valid IDs, you will be required to get an Affidavit of Loss as a proof that you really lost your ID, if you wanted to know how to get it. This might help you.
What is Affidavit of Loss?
An affidavit of loss is a legal document declaring the loss of security usually through theft or destruction. It includes all detail such as loss reason, owner’s name, and any information pertaining to the security. Anyone can request an Affidavit of Loss as long as they need it to get a replacement for certain documents and IDs.
How’s the Process?
- Prepare a valid ID
- Go to the nearest Hall of Justice in your location
- Proceed to the Public Assistance Desk and ask where you can request for an Affidavit
- Submit your valid ID to the person in charge and let them know that you need Affidavit of Loss
- They will give you an affidavit form, kindly fill it out
- Once done, you will be advised to photocopy it and pay for the fee
- Afterward, sign the Affidavit and submit it back to the person in charge
- They will check it again and it will be released after a few minutes. Just wait for it.
How much is it?
Getting an Affidavit usually costs Php 100 up to Php 250 depending on what type of Affidavit you will get. But based on research, Affidavit of Loss usually costs Php 150, and sometimes they issue it for free. Better to inquire to the Hall of Justice in your location if it’s free before getting to save money. If it’s not, that’s still okay because Php 150 pesos is not that expensive.
It is very important that if we already acquired an ID, we should take extra good care of it because it’s not that easy to get it especially if its a valid ID. Some will not require you to have an Affidavit of Loss but mostly they require it. So to avoid being frustrated, take care of all the IDs you have.
More Helpful Articles About SSS:
Guide on How to Apply for a Salary Loan
How To Apply For A Calamity Loan
SSS Calamity Loan Online Application | Loan up to Php 20,000
SSS Will Give Php 20,000 Cash Benefit to Those Who Lost Their Job