PhilSys ID or also known as the Philippine Identification System Act is the new ID that will be provided by the government to every Filipino citizen, this ID will be considered as an official government-issued ID in the Philippines. This aims to establish a single national identification system for all citizens and resident aliens of the Republic of the Philippines. So if you’re planning to get it, here are the things you need to know about PhilSys ID.
Here are the Things You Need to Know About PhilSys ID:
Who are eligible to get a PhilSys ID?
- Filipino Citizens
- Filipino Citizens living abroad
- Foreigners who lives in the Philippines for more than 6 months
How long is the validity of PhilSys ID?
PhilSys ID validity is for lifetime. Meaning, it has no expiration. However, newborn babies (which will be automatically given a PhilSys ID) will be given a new one, once they already have a fingerprint and an iris to scan.
How much is the PhilSys ID?
Filipino Citizen who will get their PhilSys ID for the first time will not pay anything. Meaning, it is FREE. However, if you’re foreigner, you need to pay the standard fee for initial application, renewal, or replacement due to a lost or damaged card.
What are the benefits I can get if I have a PhilSys ID?
- An easier transaction with government agencies
- Easier application process for social welfare programs and benefits from government agencies
- Efficient distribution of financial assistance from the government (for poor and low-income households)
- Use PhilSys ID for COMELEC Registration
- Use PhilSys ID to get a passport, driver’s license, and other IDs issued by the government
- Opening of Bank account
- Employment transaction purpose
- Tax transactions
- and other activities that will require a Valid ID that was issued by the government
What are the Features of PhilSys ID?
- It contains the 12 digit number which is called the PhilSys Number (PSN)
- Also has the QR code that contains the PSN
- It contains your personal information such as:
- Full name
- Date of Birth
- Place of Birth
- Blood Type
- They will also get your biometrics such as:
- Photo (Front facing)
- Iris scan
As of this writing, PhilSys ID application has already started. So if you’re planning to get a PhilSys ID, kindly go to your Municipal City hall and inquire.
Be the first to comment