PhilHealth provided a wide range of options for every member who pays their contributions. They can now pay online, via payment channels, or to their office. However, the payment process depends on your membership type. Whether you’re an employee or employer, self-paying member, or voluntary member. Regardless of what type of member you are, what important is that you keep your payment updated. So if an emergency occurs, you will have backup financial assistance. So if you wanted to know more about PhilHealth contribution payment guidelines and processes, this might help you.
Payment Process for Employees
If you’re an employee, you don’t have to worry about paying your PhilHealth contribution yourself, since your employer will be the one to do that. Your employer will automatically deduct the PhilHealth contribution amount to your monthly salary. But still, it is your obligation to check if your PhilHealth contribution is updated.
Payment Process for Employers
Every employer needs to use Electronic Premium Remittance System (EPRS) if they are going to pay PhilHealth contribution of their employees. This system will help them to easily remit and report contribution. Here’s the process if you’re going to use EPRS.
- Register an EPRS account. You may visit this link: Electronic PhilHealth Online Access Form (ePOAF)
- Provide the information needed to create the form
- PhilHealth Employer Number (PEN)
- PhilHealth Employer Engagement Representative (PEER)
- Security Code
- Afterward, click the “Validate Employer” button
- Update your Employee master list by clicking “Edit Employee Profile”
- Once done, click “Submit”
- Generate the Statement of Premium Account (SPA) by clicking “Generate SPA / PPPS”
- Print it afterward since you will use it for the contribution remittance
- Deduct each employee their monthly contribution and then remit it to the accredited payment channels in partner with PhilHealth
Payment Process for Voluntary Members/Self-Paying Individuals
If you’re a voluntary member/self-paying individual, you need to pay your PhilHealth contribution on your own. You will need your PhilHealth Identification Number (PIN) and your Statement of Premium Account (SPA) to pay. You can generate your billing statement via PhilHealth Member Portal. If you don’t have an account yet, you can create one.
For more information, you may contact PhilHealth customer service using this hotline: (02) 441-7442