Just recently, the Social Security System announced that they will be having a new set of guidelines for claiming retirement benefits instead of going to their branch personally, they will now offer SSS Retirement Benefits Online Application.
An online application aims to secure the health of every member who will apply for the benefit. It is indeed a convenient and safe way because it will be held online.
SSS President and CEO Aurora C. Ignacio signed the circular under the state-run pension fund issued SSS Circular No. 2020 – 018. It aims to expand the coverage of online filing of retirement claim applications using SSS websites which is the My.SSS or www.sss.gov.ph.
In addition, SSS also widens the range of banks where the benefits will be released.
Who are Qualified for SSS Retirement Benefits Online Application?
- Overseas Filipino workers who are 60 years old since December 2018
- Voluntary members who are 60 years old since December 2018
- Members who are 60 to 64 years old who have been separated from employment
- Members who are 65 years old and already submit their retirement claim application online since September 2015
- Must have an My. SSS portal
- At least 120 monthly contributions
- Must have an SSS number that has not been canceled
- No dependents
- Not an underground/surface mine worker or racehorse jockey
- Must not be self-employed member below 65 years old.
- Has no outstanding balance such as:
-Vocational Technology Loan
The Certification of Employer through the employer’s My.SSS web account will be needed for those members who are 60 to 64 years old with contributions before or up to the month of retirement.
Members Who Need to Submit Their Retirement Benefit Application in SSS Branches:
- Underground/surface mine worker who are at least 5 years, whose optional retirement age at 50 years old effective since 27 April 2016
- Racehorse Jockey for at least 5 years, whose optional retirement age at 50 years old effective since 24 May 2016
- Self-employed members below 65 years old
To clarify, those that were listed above must go directly to the SSS branch because they need to submit and present additional documents for their retirement benefit claim application.
In addition, they must request an appointment to their preferred SSS branch or they may access the online appointment system of SSS under the member information tab upon logging in using their My.SSS web accounts.
Where Can We Receive the Retirement Benefit?
- UMID Card that was enrolled as an ATM
- Electronica Wallets
- Remittance Centers
- Cash Payout Outlets in partner with SSS
For more information, you may contact SSS using this customer service hotline: (632) 920-6446 to 55 or send them an email at [email protected]
SSS Will Give Php 20,000 Cash Benefit to Those Who Lost Their Job
SSS Calamity Loan Online Application | Loan up to Php 20,000
Guide on How to Invest in SSS P.E.S.O Fund
Guide on How to Apply for the Small Business Wage Subsidy Program (SBWS)
Be the first to comment